Saturday 1 February 2014

Sir, yes sir!

Gnomish trains of thought often arrive at random stations. I was going to write a post about Captain Obvious. Why? Mainly due to my shine phone stuff storage unit, which has the words 'Cell Phone' on it. I can honestly say I dislike, nay, let me rephrase: detest furniture and accessories which have their name or purpose written on them.


 I mean, it's not as if I was going to hang my shoes from the hooks and put my coat in a drawer.

Apart from that, I don't like being told what to do. I'm an autonomous gnome! If I want to use this box to store spare buttons then I will!



So before anyone makes any s-m-r-t remarks about my shiny phone stuff storage unit, needless to say that that has had a makeover and has been refurbished into something more befitting of its contents!



So there I was dedicating this post to Captain Obvious, when it suddenly hit me: it's always the people in the rank of Captain that are the coolest. I mean, the list is impressive!

There's the indomitable and authoritative Captain Picard:



This man is absolutely legend. Not just the character, but also the actor. He's no spring chicken, but damn, he's still got it!

 
Which has to make you wonder:


Guess he's a timeless classic. As is his buddy Ian McKellen. Both marvellous actors and their joy in life is truly something to aspire to.


Right, train of thought stopped for a little bit longer than expected there, so let's continue our tour of Captains.

My second favorite Starfleet officer is also a Captain: the ice cool and hands-on Captain Janeway. A very inspirational role model.

 

Although I doubt she would have liked to have me on Voyager with her. I mean, a 75 year long journey home?


Obviously, there's my hero captain Malcolm Reynolds, the coolest space cowboy ever!


And still, pretty much in touch with his feminine side as well:


Let's move on to some childhood heroes, who happened to be Captains as well. From way back, there were the impeccable Captain Peacock and the charming Captain Stubing:



 And shortly after that, a captain who not only lost his rank, but also his marbles:


Although insanity is not entirely uncommon among Captains:



Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment